Just couple weeks ago I was strolling the aisles at The Makeup Show. Row upon row of glorious and beautiful makeup, it was heavenly! All the best in the industry are there from the brands to makeup artist. Two full days of seminars, keynote speakers, workshops and shopping. It was a great way to spend a weekend in LA. If you love makeup and are addicted to it like most of us beauty bloggers then you will enjoy my 10 favorite moments from the show. There are many great moments from the makeup show and so many pictures to share. I do have a video coming soon as well to share. Now I leave you with 10 moments from The Makeup Show that were my favorite.
1. Listening to James Vincent the Director of Artistry speak about the need for diversity in the beauty industry and sharing some of his fave products. He's a very talented MUA and funny guy as well, he had us LOL'ing during his presentation. James is passionate about his artistry and you can feel it when he speaks. It was a treat to hear him speak during the blogger preview, plus he gave us a glimpse of what to expect inside our swag bags!
2. Shopping for makeup, after the blogger preview we had the opportunity to walk the floor and meet the brands. I had my list of things I needed and headed directly to my favorite brands. I was searching for a new foundation and visited a few booths before deciding which one to purchase. I came home with PUR Minerals Liquid Veil 4-in-1 Spray Foundation. A review is coming soon so make sure to come back to the blog.
3. Getting introduced to new brands and meeting the people behind the brand. Like Color Me Automatic Foundation Applicator. Color Me is a sonic pulsating applicator to help give you a flawless look, just like the pros. Meeting the creator Eric Jimenez was a treat, he was very passionate about his product and very generous giving us one to take home. Can't wait to share with you and share my review as well.
4. The gorgeous view of Downtown LA from the top floor of The California Mart where the Makeup Show is held. You can't help get a glimpse from the windows of the city. Being on the top floor gives you a gorgeous view and perspective of the city. Although I was born and raised in LA, I now live in Orange County several miles away. Seeing the city from this view always takes my breath away, I cherish every minute I get to spend in LA.
5. Seeing the talented makeup artist in action with live demonstrations and works of art like this one. Several brands had live makeup demonstration with very elaborate and theatrical makeup. The Makeup show is about the entire gamut of makeup from everyday to makeup for film/TV. It takes countless hours and tons of products to get those Hollywood glam looks, along with special effects makeup you see in the movies and television. Now this is some cool stuff!
6. Learning about legendary makeup artist like Eugenia Watson, her career spans about 40 years and she has been a leader and innovator in the industry. She was the very 1st recipient of a cosmetology license in California! She created her own cosmetics line with wearable colors for every woman called SENNA. Eugenia is credited with creating the first ever eyebrow shaping kit.
7. Talking beauty with other bloggers, its serious business discussing our fave products. We are not just pretty faces, we take our blogging seriously with plenty of knowledge and influence in the blogosphere! These 2 ladies are some of my fave bloggers I've met in my 7 years of blogging. Its always a treat to see them and chat, make sure you read their blogs Marlita On The Run and Romy Raves.
8. Learning about some of the founding beauty brands in the industry. Some of the names like Mehron Makeup might not be as popular to most of us, but these are the pioneers in the beauty industry with 90 years in the business. Mehron not only creates their own brand, but also produce products specifically for commercial theatrical, educational, motion picture, television, video, opera, clowning, Halloween, and face painting markets. So next time you buy some makeup for a Halloween costumeit probably came from Mehron.
9. Getting to see the masters at work like Scott Barnes. He's a innovator and is famous for creating Jennifer Lopez "The Glow" signature bronze look. He popularized the monochromatic look of bronzed glowing skin with nude lips, which is still very popular today. Barnes has his own line of foundation he created and a online beauty academy. He and his partner (who is hairstylist with his own line of extensions) demonstrated the 'JLo" look a on Miss California to a packed house.
10. Reuniting with friends, like Starrie who I met years ago at the Lucky FABB conference. We keep in touch online and support each others blogs. We always are happy to see each other during events and chat about all things we love like fashion and makeup. Starrie is a great writer, go read her articles over on ModernChicMag.com where she contributes.
These are some of my favorite moments from The Makeup Show LA this year. I will have video up soon, go subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified when its uploaded. You can also see more info about The Makeup Show, which will be in other cities across the US. NYC is coming up soon, go take a look for city near you.